Vitamins play a background role in our bodies & we need vitamins to break down macronutrients like fat and carbohydrates & help our body function easily! Here are the main vitamins we should take daily & their benefits.
What Are The Vitamins We Should Take Daily?
People might start thinking about supplements when they know their bodies are missing certain food groups! While others take supplements for benefits & because they know that, they do not eat enough vegetables & fruits. If you’re concerned about your nutrient intake or have specific dietary needs, it’s important to consult with healthcare professionals. Consider visiting the urgent care clinic Rego Park for personalized guidance and expert advice on dietary supplements and overall well-being.
Everyone’s need for vitamins differs, so it is a good idea to talk to your doctor before anything. They will help you decide the best product to take & your overall need. Taking any supplement without recommendations might interact badly with your body & cause health issues.
What the Vitamins & Their Benefits
Here is a list of the main vitamins & minerals that you should take.
- Vitamin A- is a fat-soluble vitamin that is also known as retinol. The vitamin A RDA is 700 micrograms for women & 900 Micrograms for men! Vitamin A is available in all dairy products & orange or yellow fruits & vegetables such as mango, cantaloupe, & apricots.
Vitamin A Benefits:
- Fight infection.
- Maintain your healthy vision.
- Plays an important role in your lung, heart & kidney overall health.
- It keeps your skin healthy.
- Strengthen your teeth & bones.
- Vitamin B- vitamin B is complex & it has eight B vitamins with varying RADs. Most people do not get their RDA of Vitamin B in their daily nutrition. Most bread, flour, cereals, and pasta are fortified with vitamin B to minimize the deficiency risk! You can find Vitamin B in leafy green vegetables, whole grains & animal proteins. Vitamin B turns your food into energy & used in cell growth.
Vitamin B Benefits:
- Maintain normal brain memory & function.
- Essential for carbohydrates, protein & fats.
- It improves cholesterol by increasing HDL & lowering LDL.
- Reduce the heart disease risk.
- Essential for normal blood cell production.
- Reduce the risk of stroke.
- Vitamin C – it is a water-soluble vitamin that contains antioxidants to promote healthy tissue growth. The men’s RDA is 90 Milligrams & 75 milligrams for women. Vitamin C can be found in vegetables & fruits as it helps to protect your body cells & make collagen inside your body.
Vitamin C Benefits:
- Reduce the risk of getting the common cold.
- Maintain tissue & skin health.
- Strengthen teeth & bones.
Vitamin C is helpful for those who have an iron deficiency, as it will help their bodies to absorb it better. Vitamin C is beneficial if you try to maximize your iron absorption.
- Vitamin D –is an essential fat-soluble that is activated by UV light! You can get it from sun exposure; it can be found in cod liver oil, fortified juices, fatty fish, milk, & cereals. These are healthy alternatives when you do not get enough UV light! The RDA of children & adults is 15 micrograms, while for those up to 70 years older is 20 Micrograms.
Vitamin D Benefits:
- Needed for bone health.
- Maintain your nervous system function well.
- Affect the immune cell function.
- Regulated the blood levels of phosphorus & calcium.
Vitamin E –is an important vitamin for the organs’ function. You should get at least 15 milligrams of it daily. You will find vitamin E in avocadoes, oils, seeds, nuts & spinach, and whole grains. It is beneficial for blood vessels, preventing blood clots & keeping your immune system strong.
Vitamin E Benefits:
- Reduce cancer risk.
- Protect cells from toxins or damage.
- Maintain the muscles’ function.
- Reduce heart diseases.
- Reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
Vitamin K – vitamin K is essential for blood clotting. The men’s RDA of vitamin K is 120 micrograms, while it is 90 micrograms for women. You can mainly find it in leafy green vegetables, as it works on making your bones healthy.
Vitamin K Benefits:
- Give you strong bones.
- Protect you against heart diseases.
- Rapid wound healing.
- Calcium- it is a mineral needed for your bone growth. The calcium RDA for men is 1k milligrams & 1200 milligrams per day for women. You can find it easily in all dairy products such as cheese, milk, yogurt & more as spinach, tofu, & rhubarb.
Benefits of Calcium:
- Maintain healthy & strong teeth.
- Improve the muscles’ function. Maintain strong bones.
- Achieve healthy blood pressure.
- Decrease the osteoporosis risk.
- Maintain strong bones & teeth.
Iron- it transports oxygen to the blood. If you do not have enough soft iron, it will result in a fatigue immune system. Both women & men should consume between 8 to 18 milligrams of iron daily. Iron can be found in leafy green vegetables, red meat, & legumes. For vegetarians, there are plenty of iron sources that do not absorb it.
Benefits Of Iron:
- Give energy.
- Improve immune function.
- Improve brain function.
- Improve that ability to concentrate.
- Carries oxygen in the blood.
How To Purchase Your Vitamins?
Before you buy your supplements, it is recommended to consult a doctor to make sure you get the needed ones for your current situation. Then, look for third-party testing to make sure the ingredients are assured. Or you can shop through Sun and Sand Discount Code or Namshi Discount code UAE. Although supplements are beneficial & helpful, you should not replace them with healthy eating!