The career path of automotive design is a good choice because it is both creative and technical. But is it the one you should choose? Kushagra Dhall, an automotive designer in Pune, talks about everything from the job’s scope to its pros and cons to what it’s like to work as a car designer every day. You can also check for your Automobile Designing Courses Eligibility. And enrol yourself in one of these courses.
How to Get a Job in Automotive Design: What’s the Job of an Automotive Designer?
Nowadays, we have the most up-to-date technology and gadgets. And, if you ask about high-tech cars like in the sci-fi movies, they are also in development and some of them are reality as well. It’s a clear news for everyone that what’s going on with the transportation system, and all thanks to the high-tech gadgets and vehicles. And, in recent year, all vehicles will run on electric power. It will create lots of job opportunities as well.
1. Industry or Sector
The industrial sector for Automotive Designer includes private and public sectors.
Now, the Automotive design jobs are categorized under the Automotive Industry. And, these types of jobs can be run by private company or even the government. All the giant companies have design sector like Maruti, Tata, Honda, Suzuki, Mahindra, Tesla, and many more. On the other hand, some companies don’t have design sector so they depend on other Automotive Design company and their services.
2. Social Reputation
Automotive design jobs have great social reputation. People who know about this respect it.
But the fact is that most of the people don’t know about automotive design jobs. However, the tides are changing and people are knowing about this sector and they are thinking about getting those jobs. Now, most of the people consider design as engineering, but its not. People who know about this sector and the possibilities of this sector are proud to work in this field.
3. Reasons Why You Should Design Cars
Those with design skills and an emotional quotient will find it creative, challenging, and satisfying.
- The first reason is that the automotive design career path will challenge you as an individual. It will make you want to stand out in a team with your design skills and challenge you to go ahead for the next phase. This will help you be more creative in every step of your work and everyday life.
- Creative people are more inclined toward this field. One day you will be making just a regular scooter, and if you perform well, you might be designing the world’s fastest car or any other marvel in the automotive world.
- You will learn about people. You will know how they live, how they keep up with things, and how people perceive things differently. This will help you to present any work to a variety of people, even without the fear of failure.
- You will understand the value of emotions and feelings. And you will also try to incorporate the same in your proposed designs so that the end user can relate to it emotionally.
If AI and automation are fully integrated into automotive design, it could be good or bad for cars as they are now. It will make using digital tools less work for people, which is not good. But being a designer is a very creative job. So, a computer program or any artificial intelligence won’t be able to design as well as a human mind can. Are you looking forward to studying in Bangalore? Check out Manufacturing Design Courses In Bangalore.