A registered seller on Amazon is given multiple branding tools like A+ Pages, Brand Stores, etc. A less well-known tool, known as the Brand Story, is back in full swing. For those who haven’t heard about it, the Brand Story is basically an additional branding tool Amazon has rolled out which helps brands tell their story on the platform and share their brand’s values with customers.
Brand Stories appear below the listing bullet points and above the product description and A+ Content on the product detail page. It is a scrollable carousel consisting of selectable modules. There are 4 available modules to choose from. It’s recommended to limit the number of modules to a maximum of four.
Why Brand Story?
A compelling brand story uses a combination of text, images, and videos. Customers get a chance to learn about your brand and what you stand for, which can make them more likely to purchase your products. Furthermore, having a Brand Story is one of the primary requirements for free access to Amazon’s Premium A+ pages.
When used correctly, the Brand Story can help companies stand out from the crowd, highlight their heritage and messaging, as well as showcase their inventory. It’s a powerful tool that leverages your unique narrative to create a stronger connection with your customers.
Why Premium A+ page?
Amazon’s Premium A+ pages offer sellers an expanded content experience to showcase their products and brand. This increased content real estate provides ample space to share your brand’s story, demonstrate the unique features of your products, and build an engaging, interactive shopping experience for your customers.
In essence, with Premium A+ pages, sellers have an opportunity to create a brand universe within Amazon, complete with interactive displays, enriched media formats such as videos, and immersive visuals. This enhances customer understanding of your products, which can ultimately lead to higher conversion rates, better customer reviews, and increased sales.
What to keep in mind when creating your brand story?
You have modules that you can choose from, but what goes into it is the decisive factor in your brand image. It is not just about filling out your details or images that make you stand out but the type of content that goes into it.
The key areas you should be focusing on while creating your brand story are:
- What is your brand vision?
- What distinguishes your brand from the plethora of competitors on Amazon?
- How is your vision/brand/product making the customer happy?
If you have answers to the above questions you can think about technical aspects like:
- Images are visual hooks, so it’s crucial to use high-quality images that showcase the best version of your product.
- Keeping it short and simple: There are always character limits, however, even if there weren’t we have to ensure we communicate what we need in the most precise and effective way.
- Digital world success revolves around Keywords. The most relevant keywords have the highest probability of getting visibility, so it is of utmost importance to leverage this to the best of our ability in the content we create.
Modules and their Specifications:
Since we discussed the What, why, DOs, and Don’ts of creating a Brand Story let’s dive into the available modules.
Module 1- Brand ASIN & Store Showcase
Image Size: 166 x 182 pixels
Header Character limit: 30.
As depicted in the image above, it’s essentially a 4-grid template. Each grid can be assigned to your top-selling products, the images can be backlinked to the product page which increases the probability of brand view and sale conversions.
Module 2 – Brand Focus Image
Image Size: 362 x 453 pixels
Header Character limit: 30 characters max
Text: 135 characters max
Every brand has its best seller, their standout product, and this is one place where you can showcase it.
Module 3- Brand Logo & Description
Image Size: 315 x 145 pixels
Header: There isn’t a separate section for a header in this module. You can make one in the body text.
Text: 450 characters max
Here you will be able to add your Brand Logo and provide a brief description of your brand.
Module 4- Brand Q&A
Here we can select three questions we wish to answer, and you have an option to customize the questions. However, the maximum Q&A that can be added per module is 3.
How to Create a Brand Story on Amazon:
Now you have an understanding of the modules, and their relevance let’s discuss the steps in creating the brand story on Amazon. Here’s a brief rundown on how to create a brand story on Amazon:
- Log into Amazon Seller Central. Go to ‘A+ Content Manager’ under the Advertising tab.
Log into Amazon Vendor Central. Go to A+ Content Manager under the Merchandising tab.
- Select ‘Start creating A+ content’ and Click ‘Create a Brand Story’.
- Next, you’ll reach the Brand Story screen. On this page, you’ll create a content name and can include a background image, headline text, and body text.
- After creating your brand story content name and your brand carousel background, scroll down to find the ‘Add Module’ button. Click it
5. After clicking ‘Add Module’, you’ll get a list of content module options that we already have discussed.
- After adding the desired module click to add ASINs. On the next screen, Simply copy and paste all the ASINs into the box. After that, click ‘Next: Review and Submit.’ It should show live within 15-30 minutes but can take up to 24 hours or even longer.
At SalesDuo, the company has created an innovative and successful formula for businesses large and small to maximize their visibility and profits. Their solutions include a unique combination of artificial intelligence technology and an ex-Amazon expert team to deliver the best results cost-effectively. For more information, visit www.salesduo.com.